Cobalamin also known as Vitamin B12 is common in the world due to various reasons. This kind of vitamin is soluble in water and essential for various biological operations and functions in human body. It has to be noted that vitamin B12 is useful in enhancing a healthy physical state and body. The renowned source of Vitamin B12 is Spirulina, though it can also be received from fish, eggs, dairy, and meat among others.
Vitamin B12 Benefits
There are several benefits as to why you need Vitamins B12. It is important that you know some of these benefits prior to taking the vitamins. Here are some of the renowned advantages of taking Vitamins B12.
- Red Blood Cells generation; red blood cells are important in the human body in various ways. Its formation, maintenance as well as repair depend on vitamins B12. People who have lo energy levels or athletes opt for B12 injections so as to offer instant boost of energy levels. Doctors have also established that this vitamin is imperative in the regeneration and development of RNA and DNA which are generic material in the body. During cell division, vitamins B12 are used in brisk synthesis of RNA and DNA. This is common if cells are rapidly dividing in the tissue. It is important to know that lack of B12 in the body can disrupt the production of DNA which might lead to abnormal cell growth that might lead to anemia.
- Healthy nervous system; it has been proved that vitamin B12 benefits are witnessed in smooth as well as proper functioning of the nerve cells and brain in human body. You need to be aware that each nerve fiber is encircled by insulating fatty sheath that is composed of myelin which is a known complex protein. It has been proved that the myelin is not only used in the protection of the nerves but also permits electrical impulses in the nerve cells in the body. In addition, Vitamin B12 plays a vital role in enhancing metabolism of fatty acids which are useful in maintaining myelin. You also need to be aware that lack of this vitamin in the body might lead to serious neurological effects such as loss of sensation, visual impairment, dementia, memory loss among others.
- Depression cure; vitamin 12 is also known to cure depression. This is enhanced in a way that it promotes neurotransmitters and hormonal activities which are essential in influencing emotional state and mood. These hormones are also known to add serotonin, dopamine and melatonin. It has to be noted that patients who suffer from depression are given vitamin B12 supplements so as to trigger serotonin which is also known as happy hormone production and also fortify their mood. Doctors have established that lack of vitamin B12 in the body might lead to stress, anxiety and depression.
- Healthy hair and skin; as earlier indicated above, vitamin B12 is essential for RNA and DNA synthesis as well as cell production. In the same way, your hair, nails and skin undergo a constant renewal and growth process. This means that you need enough of Vitamin B12 especially in the maintenance of healthy growth. Lack of this vitamin in the body might lead to wrinkles, brittle hair, dry skin acne, nails, and skin problems such as dermatitis among others.
- Weight loss; vitamin B12 also known as ‘energy vitamin’ has the ability to offer instant and real energy boost in the body. This vitamin can speed up the metabolism rate in the body by burning excess calories thus enhancing weight reduction. This vitamin can also be used to boost energy levels in the body ensuring that you enhance the rate of exercise and physical activity.
The above information shows that there are many benefits of Vitamin B12 in the body. Some other benefits worth mentioning include promoting healthy pregnancy, allow for better sleep, combats mental decline among others.
For info on Vitamin B12 Deficiency click the link